Screen capture software
How to save non-recordable streaming video including web cams to hd
We suggest you to try stream recorders (stream rippers) first if you wanna record streaming video or audio.
Please also read our FAQ on screen capture software problems.
Screen capturing software for Windows
- WM Capture (Shareware - $39.95/ Windows)
- is a PC video recording program that captures video from ANY online source with perfect quality - if you can watch it you can save it. It records video from ANY web-site, regardless of format. It even records DVD's playing on your PC. And because it does not circumvent or hack DRM (Digital Rights Management) or any copy protection technology, it's 100% legal world-wide.
WM Capture uses a UNIQUE high speed capture technology to create a near PERFECT reproduction of what you see on screen, playable as a Windows Media Video file. You can use their proprietary MPEG-2 codec for even more OUTSTANDING picture quality. You can also use any video codec installed in your system including MPEG-4 ASP (xvid, divx,...), MPEG-4 AVC (x264,...). You can record into .FLV, .WMV, .MPEG, .MP4, .MKV, .AVI, .3GP,... files. And you can even create a DVD ISO image, so you can record from screen into a DVD-Video compatible format (no need to spend hours recompressing).
WM Capture features Scheduled recordings, Dual Monitor Support (record on one screen while working on another screen), record audio tracks from mic or speakers or both, record video with sound even if your Windows 7/Vista doesn't have a sound card or your sound card doesn't have the Stereo Mix / Wave-Out Mix / What U Hear.
- Debut Pro (Shareware - $60 / Windows)
is video capture software that allows to record video from webcam, capture device or screen. Debut Pro can record instantly or on schedule. Debut can record video and audio simultaneously. Debut can record video in many different file formats including .avi, .wmv, .flv, mpg, .mp4, .mov. Debut allows to add your own text captions or time stamp your video.
- liteCam (Shareware - $34.95/Windows)
- is an easy to use video capture software that records video with audio instantaneously. You can also schedule your recordings!
Buy liteCam at RegNow.
- Replay Video Capture (Shareware - $39.95/ Windows)
- is a screen capture software for PC. It can capture video with audio from ANY online source with perfect quality - if you can watch it you can record it. Replay Video Capture records video from ANY web-site, regardless of format. It even records DVD's playing on your PC. And because it does not circumvent or hack DRM (Digital Rights Management) or any copy protection technology, it's 100% legal world-wide. Allows to record video with sound in Windows 7/Vista/XP even if your sound card doesn't support the Stereo Mix / Wave-Out Mix / What U Hear.
Replay Video Capture uses a high speed recording technology to create a high quality videos.
- Total Screen Recorder (Shareware - $29.95/Windows)
- is an easy to use screen video recording software that records video with audio.
Download Total Screen Recorder
Buy Total Screen Recorder at RegNow.
- ACA Screen Recorder ($39.95/Windows)
- is a video capture software that records AVI movies directly from your Windows screen.
Download ACA Screen Recorder
Buy ACA Screen Recorder at RegNow.
- HyperCam 2 (Freeware) is video capture software that records AVI movies (screencam) directly from your monitor. It supports text annotations, sound, and screen notes. You can select Frame rate and compression quality prior to video capture. HyperCam is not intended for re-recording of other video clips from the screen (e.g. playing in Media Player, RealVideo, QuickTime etc.), but rather for creating regular softwarepresentations, tutorial, demos etc.
Download Hypercam for free.
- Mr. Captor
- captures anything you see on your computer screen, including the entire desktop, rectangular, elliptical and freehand regions, single window, a group of windows, menus, cursors and colors. It enables capture long web pages, PDFs, DOCs and other documents by using auto-scroll feature. The program can also record any screen action, save it as AVI file and capture on timer event. Supports capture from DirectX/Direct3D games, DVD and Media Player. Extracts images from EXE, DLL, SCR, OCX files. Enables save images in a variety of graphical formats (BMP, JPEG, PNG, GIF, ICO and many others). Additional features include support for hotkeys, image editing, email support, web publishing, printing and more. It is a very useful tool for designers, web masters, developers, technical writers and more.
Download Mr. Captor
- ScreenCorder 5 (Shareware- $249/Windows)
captures and records all your desktop activity. You may enhance recordings with step-by-step audio instructions and graphic speech bubbles. You also can correct audio and video or add new material to existing recordings. Export recordings to multiple formats, including AVI, Animated GIF, WMV streaming video and Flash.
- MediaCam (Shareware/Windows)
- captures video from the whole desktop, a selected area of the screen, or a window.
Exports directly to PowerPoint, AVI and PackAndView. Captures audio and overdub if required.
Shares captures across the network, distribute them via e-mail, and publish them on the Internet or Intranet.
Free 30 day trial.
- Easy Video Capture (Shareware - $29.95/Windows)
- a video capturing tool for recording your screen activities into AVI video in real time. It supports recording video, audio, and mouse cursor. You may change the options for recording, add text to video, record video with audio, choose to record mouse cursor or not, blink the area border when recording, and so on.
(Shareware - $19.95/Windows) -
is a screen capture program. Can capture screen shots of the active window, the entire screen, user defined area, menus, objects, and more. Saves video as AVI video or GIF animation. FREE 14-Day Trial.
- Camtasia (Shareware -$300/Windows) - powerful, but extremely overpriced screen capture tool. Allows to record videos from screen and and edit them.
- ZD Soft Screen Recorder (Shareware - $39.00/Windows) - video screen capturing software. Can capture the full screen, a window, a rectangular region. Mouse movements can be recorded smoothly. You can even record audio.
- (Shareware - $695.00/Windows)
They describe this software as "Simple, Portable and Affordable" - but they are selling it for nearly $700! - and that's the least expensive model!
- River Past Screen Recorder (Shareware- $39.95/Windows) -
Captures AVI video from the full screen, a window, a rectangle region, or a defined area around the cursor. Cursor image can be included. You can even record audio into the AVI, from the microphone, line-in, or speaker.
Download River Past Screen Recorder
Buy River Past Screen Recorder at RegNow.
Screen capturing software for Windows that allows to add annotations, zoom and pan
- BB Flashback (Shareware -$199/Windows) - very powerful screen recorder for creating video demos, tutorials and presentations. Allows to edit screen recordings by adding text annotations, zooming and cropping screencasts.
- Adobe Captivate
(Shareware - $899 /Windows) - allows to capture and record screen activity and effortlessly synchronize audio and video. It also enables anyone to rapidly create powerful and engaging simulations, scenario-based training, and robust quizzes without programming knowledge or multimedia skills.
- Wondershare DemoCreator (Shareware -$99.95/Windows) - very powerful screen recorder for creating video demos, tutorials and presentations. Allows to edit screen recordings by adding text annotations, zooming and cropping screencasts.
Freeware screen video capture software for Windows
- Debut Lite (Freeware / Windows)
is video capture software that allows to record video from webcam, capture device or screen. Debut can record video and audio simultaneously. Debut can record video in many different file formats including .avi, .wmv, .flv, mpg, .mp4, .mov.
- CamStudio (Freeware/Windows) - free video screen capturing software. Record all screen and audio activity on your computer and create industry-standard AVI video files and using its built-in SWF Producer can turn those AVIs into lean, mean, bandwidth-friendly Streaming Flash videos (SWFs).
- BB FlashBack Express (Freeware / Windows)
can record a window, region or full screen of your PC. It can also record a commentary or PC sounds while recording the screen. It can export movies as Flash or AVI files
- Freez Screen Video Capture (Freeware / Windows)
is a screen capturing software that allows to record screen activities and sounds into standard AVI video files. You can record any part of the screen's activities and the cursor's movements, using a microphone to narrate your screen recordings.
- NBXSoft Free Screen Recorder (Freeware / Windows)
is a free screen recording tool. It allows to record any part of your screen and save it into AVI vide file. It can also record sound from your microphone.
- Free Screen Video Recorder (Freeware / Windows)
is a free screen video recording software. It allows to record any part of your screen and save it into AVI video file.
Free online screen recording software (Windows, Mac OS, Linux)
- Screenr (Free / Windows, Mac OS) - freeware online screecast recorder (web-based video screen recorder). It allows you to record from screen without installing any software onto your PC or Mac. Screenr allows to record your screen, your voice and share the link to the recorded video screencast.
- Screencast-o-Matic (Free / Windows, Mac OS, ...) - web-based video screen recorder. It allows you to create a screencast of a specific region of your desktop or a full-screen screencast. Screencast-o-Matic can record video with audio. You can also add notes to your screencast at specific times. All major platforms supported.
- Screen Toaster (Free/Windows, Mac OS, Linux) is a free online screen recording software designed to capture screen activity, audio and webcam images in real-time. It allows you to create and share video tutorials, demos, training, lectures and more.
Freeware cross-platform screen video capture software (Windows, Mac OS, Linux,...)
- Krut (Freeware/Linux,Windows,Mac OS) is a cross-platform screencasting software Linux, Windows, Mac OS,.... It allows to record video with sound and save them as a MOV file.
- TechSmith Jing (Freeware / Windows, Mac OS)
Record videos from screen and share your recordings online.
- vnc2flv (Freeware/Unix,Windows,Mac OS) is a cross-platform screen recording tool for Unix, Windows or Mac OS. It captures a VNC desktop session (either your own screen or a remote computer) and saves as a Flash Video (FLV) file.
Screen capturing software for Linux
- WinCam 2000 (Shareware/Linux)
Screen capture software. Doesn't support sound recording. Free 15-day trial.
Screen capturing software for Macintosh
- ScreenFlow (Shareware - $99 / Mac OS) - very powerful screen capturing software. Using a unique screen capture system, powerful enough to capture the contents of your entire desktop at the same time as your video camera, microphone and computer's audio, you'll be creating incredible screencasts in no time. ScreenFlow allows to add effect, zoom, pan, add text annotations,...
- BTV and BTV Pro (Mac OS)
- allows you to view video from any video input source, either in a window or full screen on an entire monitor. Video can be captured to disk as a standard QuickTime movie file and single frames can be saved as image files.
- Snapz Pro (Shareware - $69/Mac OS X) - video capture software. Allows to capture video with audio. Can record anything on your screen, saving it as a QuickTime movie or screenshot.
NEWS: Replay Media Catcher 6 is now available. Downloads from more sites than ever!